The Thermoforming Division has a matching grant program which provide funds to purchase thermoforming equipment for accredited schools. Equipment and school programs must meet the Thermoforming Division mission statement — Our mission is to facilitate the advancement of thermoforming technologies through education, application, promotion, and research.
The Thermoforming Division has paid more than $275,000 in grants so far. How can we help your school advance its Thermoforming Curriculum? For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Equipment Matching Grant Proposal Process
Grants from The SPE Foundation/Thermoforming Division are available every year, funds permitting, to schools/educational institutions seeking funding for the purchase of thermoforming equipment (forming equipment, auxiliary equipment, retrofitted controls or ovens for existing machines, trimming equipment, and/or software).
To apply for a grant, the following steps must be taken.
- The application must indicate a specific amount for a specific piece of equipment and must be submitted prior to the purchase of that equipment. Grant requests over $10,000 will not be considered.
- This is a matching grant program. Therefore, the application must state the source of matching funds for the equipment and indicate when those funds will be released to the educational facility.
- A clear statement about the use of the equipment must be included with the grant application cover sheet. You should include items such as:
- an overriding goal of the facility that the equipment will help accomplish
- a timeline for the purchase of the equipment
- sources of matching funds being used for the purchase of the equipment
- the contribution the equipment will make to school’s plastics program
- who will benefit or be served by the program (regular students/adults attending evening classes, etc.)
- how the program will be conducted
- who will provide leadership for the program
- how the program will be evaluated
- financial need of the organization
- the future expectations of the program
- Copies of records from the organization’s latest accounting cycle may be required as a final step in the grant process.
- All grant applications must be typed or computer-generated, single-spaced, with appropriate headings.
- Applications will be reviewed three times per year. Completed applications must be returned to The SPE Foundation by January 1st, April 1st or August 1st.