The SPE Foundation offers numerous scholarships to students who have demonstrated or expressed an interest in the plastics industry.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants for all Foundation scholarships, unless otherwise specified, must be full-time undergraduate students in either a four-year college or a two-year technical program or enrolled in a graduate program (for those scholarships available to graduate students).
- All applicants must have a demonstrated or expressed interest in the plastics industry.
- Applicants must be majoring in or taking courses that are beneficial to a career in the plastics/polymer industry.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with their schools.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete an online application by April 1. Application materials include:
- A completed application form here: https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/spe_scholarship_application.
- Three letters of recommendation. The online application denotes which scholarships require specific recommendations.
- A high school and/or college transcript.
- A list of current and past school activities and community activities and honors.
- A listing of your employment history, starting with your most recent job. Where your involvement was in plastics/polymers, describe that activity.
- A 250 to 1,000 word essay telling why you are applying for the scholarship, your qualifications, and your educational and career goals in the plastics industry.
- applicants must be an SPE member. Students can become members for free through a program sponsored by the PLASTICS Industry Association (www.plasticsindustry.org).
- See Scholarship for additional details.